Responsibilities of the Equal Opportunity Officers
- In accordance with §42 subpara. 2 and 3 of the Higher Education Act of Lower Saxony (NHG, Niedersächsisches Hochschulgesetz), the equal opportunity officer works towards the realization of equal opportunity according to § 3 subpara. 3 NHG.
- In particular, she contributes to the development planning, the establishment of the equal opportunity agenda as well as to structural and personnel decisions.
- She may call meetings.
- She is directly reportable to the Senate and informs the public about the performance of her duties.
- In fulfilling her tasks, she is not bound by technical orders and instructions.
- The equal opportunity officer has a direct right and obligation to report to the Presidium.
- To complete her tasks, she can participate in meetings of other bodies, committees and commissions, to which she is to be invited like a member, with a right of petition and a right to speak.
- She is to be fully involved especially in planned personnel decisions in due time.
- The equal opportunity officer may review application documents.
- She is bound to secrecy.
In accordance with §42 subpara. 4 of the Higher Education Act of Lower Saxony (NHG, Niedersächsisches Hochschulgesetz), the equal opportunity officer has a right to object if a body’s decision was made against her vote.