The following laws in particular form the basis for equal opportunity work:
Basic Law for the Federal Republic of Germany, article 3:
- A ll persons shall be equal before the law.
- Men and women shall have equal rights. The state shall promote the actual implementation of equal rights for women and men and take steps to eliminate disadvantages that now exist.
- No person shall be favored or disfavored because of sex, parentage, race, language, homeland and origin, faith, or religious or political opinions. No person shall be disfavored because of disability.
The following regulations must also be considered:
- Allgemeines Gleichbehandlungsgesetz (AGG) (German General Act on Equal Treatment)
- Niedersächsisches Gleichberechtigungsgesetz (NGG) (Act on Equal Treatment of Lower Saxony)
- Niedersächsisches Hochschulgesetz (NHG) (Higher Education Act of Lower Saxony)
Other regulations on equal opportunity work are governed by the Basic Order of TU Clausthal.